Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Keeping busy


My favourite brother from Canada (F.Y.I I have only one brother) gave us a box of Hartiatoys Polar Animals . It's meant for kids from 6 to 12, but we can't possibly wait for baby to be 6 to start enjoying it, can we :)! So the dear husband and I started folding, cutting n sticking' last night. We had great fun! It was very relaxing. We gonna put it up in a mobile for our little one. While cutting the animals, I was just thinking Damn! you must be a really skillful 6 years old to be able to do all this cutting and folding but it's a great learning toy!


Another project I did, which am not sure if I will have it framed. This lovely lady offers a free template every Tuesday from her blog Scherenschnitte , which means paper cutting. I did this one because it represented mother and child - and also because it was one of the easiest lol!


On another note, it is now Ramadan in Bahrain. For those of Muslim faith, fasting during the holy month of Ramadan is one of the fifth pilar of Islam. It is my second Ramadan in Bahrain. All restaurants, food outlets are basically closed during the day, life comes back to town after Iftar which starts around 6 p.m and this is when the Muslims break the fast. For my part, I am staying at home the whole day, which is good because I am entering the nesting mode, where all I want to do is clean up before baby comes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bambi and her mommy, how cute. The baby is due very very very soon isn't it? Awesome.