Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Toddler activities or how to occupy a 20 month old


I've always tried to install a routine for Elya but it is kind of hard. The baby does not nap!! Unless I drive for a few minutes in the car. I try my best to have her settle quietly with me on her bed, with a book - talking softly, stroking her hair, but she she knows the signal that I am going to make her sleep and will do everything in her power of little person she is not to sleep!!

She will jump, talk, sing, show me her dolls!

Here is a view of a typical day with Elya:

5.30 or 6 a.m - wakes up and cries for 'lait, lait' (milk) - I will do it or Stefan will do it and after this she will settle back to sleep.

8 - 8.30 a.m - wakes up for good, I'm already in the kitchen and she will come for cuddles - too cute for words

9 a.m - Breakfast, with or withoust success! depending on hunger

9.15 a.m - Shower (me too)

9.30 a.m - So we usually go out for toddler activities that start at 10, if not we play at home

12.30 p.m - Back from toddler playgroup

1 p.m - If she is not asleep from the car drive, give lunch

1.30 p.m - Change diaper

2 p.m - playtime or read time, painting depends

3 p.m - dvd time, which I try not to but do

4 p.m - outdoors, swim or play

5 p.m - if we swam, will take shower and have a snack - i'll start cooking dinner

6.30 p.m - father comes we all eat together

7.00 p.m - play together - not an ounce of sleepiness

8.00 p.m - pray together and try to get her in a calm mood

9.00 p.m - milk and she sleep or not - if not, we all sit in bed until she falls asleep.

I have been trying to put her earlier but to no avail, any experienced mothers can give me a tip out there??

No comments: