Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good Read


I recently purchased a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez in our local second hand store.

It's been long since I've read a good book, and One Hundred Years of Solitude is more than good, it's thrilling, marvellous, unexpected.

I highly recommend this book. His storytelling is powerful and enticing. I like family sagas, the mystery, the humour, reference to nature - great imagination.

I have wanted to read a book from Gabriel Garcia Marquez since I watched Love in the time of Cholera. The critics were not great but I was drawn to the nature,foliage and ambiance of the movie. For those who've seen Javier Bardem in No Country for old men - you will probably find him weird in that one.

I like the reference to nature, foliage and jungle is aplenty


The houses and decor are beautiful

I like the 'costumes d'epoques' too

No comments: