Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mauritius

Statue of Paul & Virginie in the church courtyard



I arrived safely in Mauritius.


I am trying to make the most of my "forced" holidays, but I am blessed to spend time with my parents and friends.



I went to Pamplemousses today, a typical pittoresque village in Mauritius and I went crazy taking pictures of every single flower/plant I found in the garden



Below are some of the most interesting ones





I don't know the name of this fower but it looks very nice


Lotus flower, one of many in the garden ponds



Some of my favourite fruits



Jack fruit - I like them in curries, hmm delicious or fresh from the tree :)



A tree full of litchis - yumm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is that statue of Paul & Virginie found? I must admit that I have never seen it. I'd like to check it out next time I go home.